HOW TO RECOGNIZE CLOGGING OF THE EXHAUST SYSTEM
The warning light on the instrument panel illuminates.
DPF FILTER DIRTY DISPLAYS ON THE CONTROL PANEL BY TURNING ON THE DPF IMAGE LAMP
- The engine barely reaches rpm and loses power.
- Thick black smoke comes out of the exhaust system.
Black thick smoke comes out of the exhaust system
- Fuel consumption increases.
- Uneven engine operation.
- Creating high temperatures and increased engine pressures.
Thick black or white smoke comes out of the exhaust system.
DPF FILTER CROSS SECTION
Consequences of high temperature in DPF
CAUSES OF DIRTY DPF AND FILTER CATALYST
- Defective turbine,
- Defective high pressure pump.
- Dirty / faulty nozzles (injectors) inject fuel into the cylinder uncontrollably.
- Dirty / defective EGR Valve.
- Driving with an empty fuel tank (driving on reserve).
- Use of vehicles in urban conditions (stop and go) without the use of an open road for filter regeneration.
- Improper servicing of the engine on the vehicle by using inappropriate: oil, irregular replacement of oil filters, air filters
and fuel filters, and…
In order to solve these faults, it is necessary to regenerate / wash the DPF filter and enable a good flow of exhaust gases.
THERE ARE VARIOUS WAYS OF REGENERATION OF DPF / FAP, SCR, AS WELL AS CATALYSTS ON VEHICLES
- Self-regeneration envisaged by the vehicle manufacturer,
- Forced regeneration,
- Regeneration in a special DPF washing cabin and filter catalyst.